I love cooking with my crockpot – walking into the house after work and already having dinner ready is one of my favorite things! This chili-style soup has become a staple in our house over the last few years!
- 3 chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1 large onion, chopped (I buy frozen chopped onions and eyeball it)
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 3/4c water
- 1 1/2t chicken bouillon (I use two cubes)
- 1t ground cumin
- 1t dried oregano
- 1/2t salt
- 1/4t red pepper sauce
- 2 15oz cans great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 11oz can white shoepeg corn
- 2 cans chopped geen chiles
- 3 T lime juice
- Sour cream and shredded cheese for toppings
- Place onion, garlic, water, bouillon, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper sauce in crock pot. Add chicken. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours (I’ve left it all day, and it’s fine).
- Shred chicken.
- Stir in beans, corn, chiles, and lime juice.
- Cook on low another 15-20 minutes until beans and corn are hot.
- Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.